What is organic tapioca maltodextrin?
Organic tapioca maltodextrin is a natural and versatile ingredient that can be used in various food applications. It is derived from organic tapioca starch, which is extracted from the cassava root, a tropical plant native to South America. Organic tapioca maltodextrin is produced by enzymatic hydrolysis of the starch, followed by spray drying. The result is a white, odorless, and slightly sweet powder that has a low dextrose equivalent (DE) value, meaning it has a low level of sweetness and a high molecular weight.
What are the benefits and uses of organic tapioca maltodextrin?
Organic tapioca maltodextrin can be used as a bulking agent, carrier, thickener, stabilizer, or texturizer in food products. It can improve the mouthfeel, viscosity, solubility, and dispersibility of various ingredients. It can also enhance the flavor, color, and shelf life of food products. Some of the common applications of organic tapioca maltodextrin are:
- Ice cream: It can improve the creaminess, smoothness, and stability of ice cream. It can also prevent ice crystal formation and reduce fat content.
- Drinks: It can increase the solubility and stability of beverages, such as fruit juices, sports drinks, and dairy drinks. It can also improve the mouthfeel and flavor delivery of beverages.
- Yoghurts: It can enhance the texture, consistency, and creaminess of yoghurts. It can also prevent syneresis (water separation) and improve the shelf life of yoghurts.
- Desserts: It can improve the texture, appearance, and flavor of desserts, such as puddings, custards, mousses, and cakes. It can also act as a fat replacer and reduce calories in desserts.
- Pharmacy: It can act as a carrier or filler for pharmaceutical products, such as tablets, capsules, powders, and syrups. It can also improve the solubility and bioavailability of active ingredients.
- Biscuits: It can improve the crispiness, crunchiness, and browning of biscuits. It can also extend the shelf life and reduce the oil absorption of biscuits.
- Breakfast foods: It can improve the texture, flavor, and nutritional value of breakfast foods, such as cereals, granola bars, and pancakes. It can also act as a binder and prevent crumbling of breakfast foods.
- Baby foods: It can provide a smooth and creamy texture for baby foods. It can also provide carbohydrates and energy for infants.
- Cosmetics: It can act as a thickener or stabilizer for cosmetic products, such as creams, lotions, gels, and masks. It can also provide a soft and silky feel for cosmetic products.
- Bakery: It can improve the volume, softness, and shelf life of bakery products, such as breads, muffins, and cakes. It can also enhance the flavor and color of bakery products.
- Snacks: It can improve the texture, crunchiness, and flavor of snacks, such as chips, crackers, popcorns, and candies. It can also reduce the oil content and increase the shelf life of snacks.
- Confectionary: It can improve the texture, appearance, and flavor of confectionary products, such as chocolates, marshmallows, gums, and caramels. It can also prevent crystallization and increase the stability of confectionary products.
- Fruit-based preparations: It can improve the viscosity, stability, and flavor of fruit-based preparations, such as jams, jellies, sauces, and purees. It can also prevent water loss and browning of fruit-based preparations.
- Dehydrated soups: It can improve the solubility, dispersibility, and flavor of dehydrated soups. It can also act as a thickener and stabilizer for dehydrated soups.
What are the specifications of organic tapioca maltodextrin?
|Moisture||%||3 – 7|
|pH||–||4.5 – 6.5|
|Dextrose Equivalent (DE)||%||7 – 13|
|Glucose (DP 1)||g/100g||1.0|
|Maltose (DP 2)||g/100g||2.5|
|Dry Solid Substance||%||93 – 97|
|Foreign Matter||ppm||< 5|
|Screen on US#40||%||< 0.00|
|Bacteria Total||CFU/g||< 1000|
|Thermophiles, Total||CFU/10g||< 150|
|Flat Sours||CFU/10g||< 75|
|Sulfide Spores||CFU/10g||< 5|
|Gas Formers||per 6 tube||< 4|
|E. coli/g||–||None detected|