- About us
- Contact us
Product Name : Organic Corn starch
Fineness : ≥99%
Brand : ORGANICWAY
Appearance : White or light yellow power
Whiteness : ≥90%
Taste & Odor : Characteristic
Origin Of Plant : Zea mays Linn. Sp.
Moisture : ≤14%
Protein Content : ≤0.4%
Organic Corn Starch is gluten free with no additives or preservatives. it is 100% natural and completely GMO-free. Corn starch is a wonderful thickening and stabilizing agent. It can be used in baby foods, medicines, sauces, and other processed food mixes. Corn starch is the preferred anti-stick agent on medical products and the major source of glucose to humans.
Corn starch is starch that is ground from the white endosperm at the heart of a kernel of corn. It's used as a thickening agent in cooking, a health-conscious alternative to talc, and the main ingredient in biodegradable plastic. Powdered sugar also includes a small amount so that it does not clump.
1. Corn starch is used as a thickening agent in liquid-based foods (e.g., soup, sauces, gravies, custard), usually by mixing it with a lower-temperature liquid to form a paste or slurry. It is sometimes preferred over flour alone because it forms a translucent mixture, rather than an opaque one. As the starch is heated, the molecular chains unravel, allowing them to collide with other starch chains to form a mesh, thickening the liquid (Starch gelatinization).
2. It is usually included as an anti-caking agent in powdered sugar (10X or confectioner's sugar). Baby powder often includes Corn starch among its ingredients.
3. Corn starch when mixed with a fluid can make a non-Newtonian fluid, e.g. adding water makes Oobleck and adding oil makes an Electrorheological fluid.
4. A common substitute is arrowroot, which replaces Corn starch on a 1:1 ratio.
5. It added to a batter which coated chicken nuggets increased oil absorption and crispness after the latter stages of frying.
6. It can be used to manufacture bioplastics.
7. It is the preferred anti-stick agent on medical products made from natural latex, including condoms, diaphragms and medical gloves. Prior usage of talc was abandoned as talc was believed to be a carcinogen.
8. Food producers reduce production costs by adding varying amounts of Corn starch to foods, for example to cheese and yogurt. This is more common in the United States of America where the Congress and the Department of Agriculture subsidize and reduce its cost to food manufacturers.
9. When roasted in a standard oven it produced dextrin, a chemical compound with uses ranging from adhesive to binder for fireworks.
10. It is used to supply glucose to humans who have glycogen storage disease (GSD). Without this, they would not thrive (i.e. little, if any, weight gain) and thus die. Corn starch can be used starting at age 6 – 12 months which allows feeds to be spaced and glucose fluctuations to be minimized.
The quality of the starting material is an essential prerequisite, since it may affect all the subsequent phases. Hence GMPs have applied already from these early steps to guarantee the characteristics of the final product. At this stage, there are a number of measures we employ:
√ supplier inspection and qualification
√ area selection
√ control of:
– harvesting period and harvesting method
– drying conditions
√ botanical identification of the plant
√ quarantine of the biomass under monitored conditions
√ microbiological analysis
√ chemical analysis
√ control of contaminants, including:
– heavy metals
Only after all of these controls will the raw material be released for further processing or rejected due to nonconformance with our strict requirements.
Our passion is delivering innovative, cost-effective ingredient solutions to keep you ahead of trends. Let’s see what’s possible for working together. Whether you operate on a global or local scale, we’ll work to keep you ahead of trends and improve your profitability.
Our product consultant is technically trained on all of our ingredients and they are chock full of ideas on how you can make your product better. Add to that our extraordinary customer service and you will have an ingredient supplier unlike any other. Contact us, let us change the way you think about your ingredient supplier.