Astragalus extract is extracted from Astragalus membranaceus, which is a kind of Chinese herbal medicine, and its roots are often used for pharmaceuticals, research, etc.; Astragalus extract is taken orally for seasonal allergies, heart failure, diabetes and to strengthen and regulate the immune system; Some people use astragalus extract as a general tonic to protect the liver and fight bacteria and viruses; it is also used to prevent and reduce side effects related to cancer treatment; and astragalus extract is usually used together with other Chinese herbal medicines to achieve better Good results.
Efficacy and effects of astragalus extract
1. Reduce the side effects of chemotherapy. Astragalus extract given intravenously (intravenous), or using a mixture containing astragalus extract can reduce nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and bone marrow suppression associated with chemotherapy.
2. Diabetes. Early research suggests that astragalus extract and another Chinese medicine taken orally as a combination product may help control blood sugar and insulin levels in diabetic patients.
3. Seasonal allergies. Taking a specific product containing 160 mg of astragalus root extract orally every day for 3-6 weeks can improve the symptoms of runny nose, itching and sneezing in patients with seasonal allergies.
4. Irregular menstruation (amenorrhea). Early studies have shown that oral astragalus extract can help improve the regularity of menstrual cycles in women with irregular menstruation.
5. Chest pain (angina pectoris). Taking 20 grams of astragalus extract three times a day for 2 weeks can improve the heart function of patients with chest pain.
6. The bone marrow lacks new blood cells (aplastic anemia). Through people’s research, intravenous injection of astragalus extract and steroid Stanozolol can improve symptoms and blood cell counts, not just the use of steroids alone in patients with aplastic anemia.
7. Asthma. People who took astragalus extract, Cordyceps extract, Shouwu, Chuan Fritillaria, and Scutellaria scutellaria extract combination significantly improved their asthma symptoms after 3 months.
8. Chronic fatigue syndrome: Some products containing extracts of astragalus can reduce the fatigue of patients with chronic fatigue syndrome. However, not all doses seem to be effective. In addition, it is not clear whether this benefit is attributable to the effects of astragalus extract.
9. Liver scar (cirrhosis). Early studies have shown that a combination of Astragalus and Salvia daily for up to 90 days may improve liver function in patients with cirrhosis. It is still too early to know if the improvement is due to astragalus, salvia or its combination.
10. Heart failure. Taking astragalus extract by mouth for up to 20 days can improve some symptoms of heart failure. However, some people said that compared with traditional medicine, astragalus extract seems to be less effective.
11. Diabetes. Taking astragalus extract by mouth for up to 4 months can improve fasting and postprandial blood sugar levels in diabetic patients. Oral astragalus extract seems to improve these results better than intravenous injection. Oral astragalus extract can also improve the effect of insulin on the body through the astragaloside I.
12. Vision problems in diabetic patients (retinopathy). This group of people taking health products containing astragalus extract for up to 10 months may improve the vision of some people with visual impairment.
Side effects of astragalus extract
Generally, whether it is astragalus powder or astragalus extract, we are relatively safe when using it; however, when taken orally, astragalus extract may cause skin rash, skin itching, nasal symptoms or stomach upset, dizziness or irregular heartbeat. However, these events are not common.
Special precautions and warnings for using Astragalus:
People who are pregnant and breastfeeding: Although there is no report that pregnant people have side effects due to the use of astragalus extracts, some animal research experiments have proved that astragalus extracts are toxic to animal fetuses. So in order to ensure safety, it should be avoided.
Patients with autoimmune diseases such as multiple sclerosis, lupus, and rheumatoid arthritis should avoid using it: because astragalus extract may make the immune system more active, which may exacerbate the symptoms of autoimmune diseases.
Comments are closed.