Organic chlorella powder is a dietary supplement made from a type of freshwater algae called chlorella. Chlorella is considered a superfood because it contains a high amount of protein, chlorophyll, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and other phytonutrients that can benefit your health. However, like any supplement, organic chlorella powder also has some potential drawbacks and side effects that you should be aware of before taking it. Here is a summary of the pros and cons of organic chlorella powder based on scientific evidence.
Pros of Organic Chlorella Powder
- It can help remove toxins from your body.
- It can boost your immune system and fight infections.
- It can improve your digestion and gut health.
- It can protect your liver and kidneys from damage.
- It can lower your blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
- It can increase your energy and endurance.
- It can improve your skin health and beauty.
- It can lower inflammation and oxidative stress.
- It can support your brain health and cognitive function.
Cons of Organic Chlorella Powder
- It may contain iodine, which can affect your thyroid function or medication.
- It has high vitamin K content, which can affect your blood clotting ability or medication.
- It can cause digestive issues like nausea, diarrhea, gas, bloating, or green stools.
- It can trigger allergic reactions in some people who are sensitive to it or to other algae.
Organic chlorella powder is a supplement that may have many benefits, but also some risks. You should talk to your doctor before taking it, especially if you have any medical conditions or are taking any medications. You should also start with a low dose and increase it slowly. You should also choose a good brand that is organic and has a cracked cell wall for better absorption. By doing so, you can enjoy the benefits of organic chlorella powder while avoiding the risks.